Checkpoint Charlie Museum
Tel: +49 30 25 37 25-0
Daily: 09.00 - 22.00
Please check with the attraction regarding accessibility
Berlin Pass Benefits:
Free entry to the Checkpoint Charlie Museum with a Berlin Pass
Normal Ticket Price: Adult: €12.50 Child: €9.50
Checkpoint Charlie Museum or the Mauer Museum is a key landmark both for geographical and historical reasons. Situated at the Checkpoint Charlie border crossing, the museum was founded in 1962 and details the history of the Berlin Wall and incidents surrounding it.
Checkpoint Charlie Highlights
- Excellent exhibitions which detail dramatic stories of escape attempts, including those by hot air balloons, chairlifts and even a small submarine!
- Immerse yourself in the lives and stories of those who tried to escape.
- A permanent exhibition dates back to the first days of the museum, just after the Berlin Wall was built and charts the lifespan of world’s supposedly most secure border crossing.
- Examine the original artefacts used during the infamous escape attempts.
Facts about the Berlin Wall
- Total distance around Berlin = 155km
- Observation Towers = 302
- Dog-runs = 259
- Mental fencing = 66.5km
- Wall height = 3.6m
- The well-known border crossing offers a great postcard photograph to keep those at home.
- Heading inside to the museum and be stunned by the escapee stories and tales.
How to get there
Museum Entrance: Friedrichstraße 44, 10969 Berlin
Public Transport: U-Bahn: U6 to Kochstraße | U2 to Stadtmitte
Bus: M29 to Kochstraße | M48 to Stadtmitte
Using the Berlin Pass
- Enjoy free entry to Checkpoint Charlie Museum with the Berlin Pass.
- Saving you €12.50 on entry.
- Simply show your pass on arrival and head straight inside
View all attractions included for free with a Berlin Pass.
Attractions in close proximity
Berlin Bus Tour
Deutsche Bank KunstHalle
Jewish Museum Berlin