Save €12.50 at The Checkpoint Charlie Museum
Checkpoint Charlie Museum
Berlin Pass Benefits:
Free entry to Checkpoint Charlie Museum
Normal Ticket Price: Adult: €12.50 Child: €9.50
Checkpoint Charlie Museum or the Mauer Museum is a key landmark both for geographical and historical reasons. Situated at the Checkpoint Charlie border crossing, the museum was founded in 1962 and details the history of the Berlin Wall and incidents surrounding it.
- Excellent exhibitions which detail dramatic stories of escape attempts, including those by hot air balloons, chairlifts and even a small submarine!
- Immerse yourself in the lives and stories of those who tried to escape
- A permanent exhibition dates back to the first days of the museum, just after the Berlin Wall was built and charts the lifespan of world’s supposedly most secure border crossing
- Examine the original artefacts used during the infamous escape attempts
Facts about the Berlin Wall:
- Total distance around Berlin = 155km
- Observation Towers = 302
- Dog-runs = 259
- Metal fencing = 66.5km
- Wall height = 3.6m
The well-known border crossing offers a great photo opportunity outside but don't forget to head inside to the museum and be stunned by the escapee stories and tales.
How to get there:
- U-Bahn U6 (Kochstraße) U2 (Stadtmitte)
- Bus M29 (Kochstraße M48 (Stadtmitte)
see the: full list of attractions included
|Monday||09.00 - 22.00|
|Tuesday||09.00 - 22.00|
|Wednesday||09.00 - 22.00|
|Thursday||09.00 - 22.00|
|Friday||09.00 - 22.00|
|Saturday||09.00 - 22.00|
|Sunday||09.00 - 22.00|
Loading Map - Please wait...
Friedrichstraße 44, 10969 Berlin
030 25 37 25-0